[Revived] Backstage Pass: Mann

Introducing: Mann




Name/Alias:
Dijon Thames aka Mann

City, State Representing: 
West L.A. California

Who are you? What do you do?
I am a young artist who is soon to change the music game for life. I make good music.

What do you consider is the most important aspect of what you do?
The most important aspect of what I do is performing. That's the thing that touches the crowd and fans the most.

What makes you different?
I'm different because there has never been a young rapper from LA that creates music for the world to listen to and not just one genre.

Why do it?
I do it because I love to create and express, and if I can make ANY type of living off doing that then I'm with it.

What are your goals and aspirations for the future?
My goal is to win a grammy. I also strive to make classic movies and a classic album that the world considers a classic as well. I also want to headline a Major tour.

What can we expect from you in the near future?
I am dropping a introduction compilation to my sound called "Near Life Experience". It's a mixtape introducing my signature sound and style.

What inspires you?
Other art inspires me. Any new artist, new producers, new subjects, they all inspire me.

Who are your inspirations?
I am inspired by so many people it's hard to name without feeling like I left anybody out. But my mom inspires me to work hard and be all that I can be. She raised me alone my whole life, and I feel I owe her a success story.

Anything else you want to add?
Hit me on twitter!! @_Mann ! I want to talk to everybody who wants to talk to me. 2010 is ours. Beluga Heights/ A2z/ Mercury Def Jam.

You can find him at: 


My Input:
Mann is a pretty mainstream type artist which may be unfamiliar
in Devoted Thieves but he has a skill that many artists forgot and lack
so much in this generation: Performance and Interaction
There is no doubt that you'll leave one of his live shows a satisfied
music lover. I respect artists like him because they bring a refreshing style
to the game despite the pressure of hardcore listeners. His music allows you
to kick back and just ENJOY. No need to be so focused on lyrics, patterns,
style, flow etc. Mann brings inspiration and motivation to
artists who are willing to sweat blood to make a breakthrough in this industry.

Ps: I know my readers are probably standoffish because
Mann is a different type of artist who associates himself with the jerk movement/artists.
But I want to give equal opportunities to wide variety of artists to be recognized
and respected for their grind if not your specific interest.

Beefy - Mann

His song "Text" ft. Jason Derulo is going viral too and I can see why.
It's so catchy and I'd bang it in my car. lol. Check it out on his myspace.

-xoxo, Christina


0 Comments »

Leave a comment

Okaaaaaay.

Okaaaaaay.
<3

Hits.

bb code

Christina Mercury

Christina Mercury
You've entered a world of harsh reality, formally known as Devoted Thieves, welcome to Righteousness. But All Hail The Devoted Thieves.

ChEEse.

ChEEse.
It's nice to flash a big smile once in a while.

Followers =]